2.7.10

Transcripts, Ho!

We left our heroine, me, dreading the chore of finding the old transcripts.

Today I got off my ass, and drove over to PCC's main campus. One form filled out, one check written, and I became the proud owner of three certified copies of my college transcripts. Yay!

This evening, going through some files looking for something completely different, I found a set of incomplete transcripts from PCC. Seems that back in 2003, I'd faxed them to a prospective college in Los Angeles. Even better, there were copies of my transcripts from Santa Monica College and--going waaaaaaay back--from the University of Maryland. The UofM ones piss me off. It was before I got married, but was dating the eventually-to-be ex. He was very threatened by my going to school, and I didn't have the sense to tell him to piss off. I failed every class in my last semester there. Crap.

However, the more recent--and successful--foray in to academia at PCC should mitigate the crappiness of my 20+ years ago spinelessness.

Tomorrow? Meeting with an advisor. I hope that I don't have to make too much up to get up to speed at WSU. If it is too much, I may switch my undergraduate to something else. Though I think a librarian with an anthropology degree would be quite employable.

No comments:

Post a Comment