13.11.10

Research

My favorite part about writing papers--and history papers in particular--is doing the research. I spent a happy afternoon in the Fort Vancouver regional library looking up documents, pictures, and books about Clark(e) county, Washington. Of course I got sidetracked. It's one of my many superpowers.

I found some great pictures of the area from around the turn of the last century. I showed them to Mr.X who oooh'd and aah'd appreciatively.

Now I've got to read through all the bits and pieces that I've checked out, compare them to the photographs that I've taken of various historical maps, and see what other photos I have got to take still.

w00t.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent usage of time to me.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. added your blog to mine today, let me know if you mind. how's the semester going? I start Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete