14.9.10

Shoveling Information

While all of the classes are interesting, none has overwhelmed me with new information. Except for the Latin American culture and history class. There is a list of about 160 countries, rivers, geological formations, cultural and historical locations, as well as historical divisions of Latin America that we're being tested on the day after tomorrow.

That's all of Latin America; including the Caribbean, and other sites of historical interest in the southern United States. My brain, she is whimpering.

Nice thing is that there are a lot of study aids on-line. They have proven to be valuable, really testing my knowledge. Quizzing myself on-line doesn't allow me to cheat myself. Creating an arbitrary number of times I have to ace a quiz before moving on is helping the memorization. A bit. *laughter* I probably won't get a perfect grade, but it's okay.

While memorizing all 160 (or so) places is driving me mad, it is nice to finally know exactly where Suriname is.

In other news, my 101-level anthropology class had an announcement requesting volunteers for data entry from a dig site in the American Southwest. Of course I sent an e-mail right away, volunteering my time. Fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment