10.9.10

It's Been a Week

I got everything signed that needed to be signed.
I've got all of my books. My tuition is paid. My parking for the year is paid. I got my Cougar card.

Tee hee.

Hell, I've even got a Washington State t-shirt. I may break my rule of only one school shirt from each school. Owning a Cougars! t-shirt is almost imperative.

When I got home, I started reading. Catching up is fun. I am lucky, I am a speedy reader with decent retention of information. I also went to the local library and got some picture books about some of the stuff I'm studying. Last Monday was Labor Day, so no classes. This past Wednesday was my first, regular, day of school. It was brilliant.

I noticed how much we humans stink. I don't mean in a bad way--it's just very noticeable. Yeah, I've spent the last three years around smaller groups of people and at home--and not smoking anymore has made me more aware of smells. I hear it might have something to do with menopause as well. All those wonky hormones. We humans, gathered in groups, have a distinctive scent.

Being back in school is great. It's also interesting to go in with this new, more centered sense of self that I've discovered over the past three years. I'm there to learn--and I'm okay with being wrong. Even being wrong in front of the whole class. That's really freeing.

The field of anthropology is fascinating. I haven't decided in which area I'll be concentrating. After taking the broad, survey course--ANTH 101--perhaps I'll have a better idea.

Here's to doing more awesome readings and (finally) being smart enough to start all my projects early. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment