29.7.10

Try Again

Just got back from the post office. Sent off copies of transcript that the registrar at the University of Maryland sent me in 2002 and the letter saying that they couldn't find any record of me. Sometimes it's good to hang on to those things.

I'm ashamed to say that this minor blip nearly bumped me off the track. The "Oh, fuck it!" gremlins were chanting their siren song, but I gave myself a stern talking to. Today, everything is in the mail. Even though it sets me back a term, I'm not going to obsess about it. Shit happens. Adapt and move on.

A lot of the reason that little things can derail me is that I've had a pretty easy life. School came easily to me. I hovered around the fringes of the popular kids and was content. Things tend to fall into place for me. Which is great, but when things don't flow--BLEARGH. I freak out a little. It's something that I'm not proud of, and fighting smug complacency is boring. But it's necessary.

Fingers are crossed that the University of Maryland comes through.

And now, laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment